Lifting then re-fitting NEW carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Sorry if this question has already been answered, I could'nt find anything.

I recently had new carpet fitted (4 months ago) and am getting some electrical work done which means I will have to lift it to get access to the floorboards underneath, bad planning, I know.

How easy will it be to refit the carpet? I have "youtubed" how to fit new carpet, but cant find any hints for people that a re-fitting carpet which has already been cut to length.

How do I go about unhooking from door bars and existing grippers? Just use a knee kicker or is there a tool? Will I end up having to stretch and re-trim?

thanks

Sponsored Links
you should be able to just lift the carpet off of the grippers, but if it's really tight then a knee kicker will help.
When re-fitting you shouldn't need to re-trim. Just use the knee kicker to stretch it back to length and knock it back down behind the gripper in the original postion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back