Light bulb blows after a few weeks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi- My landing light keeps blowing after a few weeks use. It is controlled by 2 switches. I fitted a new pendant because one of the contacts at the bayonet end looked suspect. I have checked for loose wires at both switches and ceiling rose but all seems fine. The house had been rewired before I moved in. All other electrics are OK.
Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
chrisso said:
Any ideas please?

1: use decent bulbs, and not the cheepo type

2: replace switches. faulty switches can cause bulbs to blow more often

Thanks for the prompt reply. Will replace switches and use decent bulbs.
:D

Note to mod: why edit my post? because you only want people to see what you want them to see? want to 'control' what i say incase it offends anyone?

Sponsored Links
andy said:
Note to mod: why edit my post? because you only want people to see what you want them to see? want to 'control' what i say incase it offends anyone?
What did you say??

ban-all-sheds said:
andy said:
What did you say??
if he says it again it may be removed again! :LOL: he may have already said it! ;)

ban-all-sheds said:
andy said:
What did you say??

1: dont post twice. you wont get any more (useful) replies. [or summit like that]

2: is now 1

3: is now 2

Thanks, I`ve got the same problem (switch)

Thanks, I`ve got the same problem, will change a switch ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back