Light Fitting Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , new to the site.

I am attempting to fit a light in the dining room that is different from the existing fitting.

In the existing fitting there is are three sets of wires. I realise this is one from the fuse box, one from the switch and one going to the next light.

All the wires have been individually wired into the fitting. I have identified that one of the blue cables is separate from the other two. The three brown wires were connected into the same section of the fitting. The three earth wires were connected together.

The new fitting only has three connection points - live, neutral and earth. I think that three brown wires go to the live, three green/yellow go to earth and two blue go to the neutral. Where does the 3rd neutral go?

Regards,

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Sponsored Links
All the wires have been individually wired into the fitting. I have identified that one of the blue cables is separate from the other two. The three brown wires were connected into the same section of the fitting. The three earth wires were connected together.

The new fitting only has three connection points - live, neutral and earth. I think that three brown wires go to the live, three green/yellow go to earth and two blue go to the neutral. Where does the 3rd neutral go?

Close but no cigar, the three browns are permanent lives that need to go in a separate connector. "Where does the 3rd neutral go?"- that is the switched live from the switch and goes into the live terminal. The other connections are correct

Close but no cigar, the three browns are permanent lives that need to go in a separate connector. "Where does the 3rd neutral go?"- that is the switched live from the switch and goes into the live terminal. The other connections are correct

Thanks for the answer. Does that mean there should be 4 wires in the live terminal? The 3 browns and the switched live?

Sponsored Links
upload_2020-12-23_11-26-36.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back