Light Fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just a quick one, I am wiring a light in my garage, I already have fluoresent lights installed but will be moving them along. The new light which will be a standard domestic that that you buy from B+Q will be wired in from the CU, what fuse rating will I use on th CU? I looked at the main CU for the light circuit in the house and its 5amp, will this be the same?

Thanks

Sheep

Sponsored Links
5 or 6A would be the correct fuse. Can you confirm whether you have an integral garage or is it a separate building from the house?

If you already have fluorescent lights in the garage, and you already have a lighting circuit in there with a 6a fuse, why do you need to provide an additional circuit? It is usual to connect all lights on the same circuit.

Yes my garage is intergral,

I have 2 fluoresent lights with 4 tubes each both ran off the circuit with a 16 amp fuse, So I thought I'd run a separate supply to my normal light, this wilL be the games room I am converting in my garage.

Sponsored Links
Thought you said it was 5A, not 16?

If your existing lights are on a 16A breaker, I sincerely hope they are fused down locally...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back