Light Switch faceplate screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what type of screws are used for 1 gang light switch faceplates ? Are they M3.5 or m4 ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
screw threads do not often seem to know the difference between the SI and imperial ones of those sizes either, they just don`t care usually. Just run a tap down it if it needs it (A tap sold with a handle attached is sometimes known as a re-threader)

A tap sold with a handle attached is sometimes known as a re-threader
A lovely tool for the toolbox! :)

The 14th Ed. of the regulations went metric in 1970, so there would have been a switch from 4BA to M3.5 screws.

4BA equates to approximately 3.6mm. I often find the metric screw does not tighten up in an imperial box.

The 14th Ed. of the regulations went metric in 1970, so there would have been a switch from 4BA to M3.5 screws.

4BA equates to approximately 3.6mm. I often find the metric screw does not tighten up in an imperial box.
Date sounds good to me.

I made some 8 way socket boards about 1972-3 consisting of 4 DSO in a 2x1! timber frame. back boxes were imperial sockets were metric screws and no they didn't grip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back