Light switch outside toilet

Sponsored Links
After a lot of thought I will go with a pull cord outside the door.
Interested what lead you to that conclusion. Not sure I have ever seen a light pull cord outside of a room? What 'room' is outside the door (hallway/landing?)

How about a flush mounting pir in the ceiling in the room
Needless to say, that was one of the possibilities I had in mind when I talked of "higher-tech" solutions - but, given that the OP could put any sort of switch wherever he wanted, it seemed a bit OTT for just a tiny loo - and someone would inevitably have pointed out that the timer might run out after a period of 'inactivity'!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
OR - Just have it come on with the bedroom
I suspect that there might be a perceived need for someone to be able to use the ensuite loo at night without waking up some other person in the bedroom by putting on the bedroom light - but I may be wrong!

Kind Regards, John

I would never go in loo without a window if it had an outside light switch in case some joker turned the light off.

I don't think carrying a window around is very sensible.

One of those switches where the rocker is almost as big as the face plate.

You can work it with your elbow.

I would never go in loo without a window if it had an outside light switch in case some joker turned the light off.
You probably ought to extend that to night-time, even if there is a window, then (unless there's a nearby street lamp!) :)

Kind Regards, John

What should I have said ? Can't think of any other way to describe it
I think the problem was ...
"I would never go in loo without a window if .... "
by analogy with, say, ...
"I would never go in loo without a newspaper if .... " :)

Maybe something like "I would never go into a loo which didn't have a window if .... " would have avoided EFLI's response!

Kind Regards, John

I would never go in loo without a window...
Here you are then:

Public%20Toilet%203.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back