Light with Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I currently have low voltage down lighters in my bathroom, I want to replace one of the downlighters with a downlighter that has an extractor fan on it, can I just wire it up to the normal light switch, or do I need some thing different, it is low wattage,so I don't see why not, but I thought best to ask.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Not sure about overload.It does have a timer,I am looking at the Addvent AVC 110 IDT SLC.

Here is a link to a PDF:-

http://www.teeco.com/download/pdf/addvent/addvent.pdf

I am also considering having the light on one switch and the Fan on another, I don't think that will be a problem,the reason that I may want to do this, is that I amy not want the light on, but will need the Fan on.

Thanks

Steve

dont bother with the light on own switch

the link you supplied does not say the light can be independantly switched, which would mean you would have to alter the internal connections = grief, invalidating warranty on unit, and what would be the point? the whole idea of a fan and light unit is to have them both on at the same time

Sponsored Links
I suppose you are right, all I was thinking is that if I wanted to soak in the bath for a while, when it was daylight, I might not want the light on, but would need the fan on, but putting in an extra switch is probably more grief that it is worth, so will probably go for light and fan on at same time.

Thanks for every ones help :D

Steve

ban-all-sheds said:
stevec59 said:
I might not want the light on, but would need the fan on
So why not just install a fan?

I have double glazing and don't wan to pay for a professional to fit an extractor fan in the double glazed unit, I would not dare to do this my self.
I could just put an extractor fan in the ceiling, but I don't think it will look right, I would sooner go for a light with an extractor fan, but thanks for the thought :D

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back