Lighting puzzle

Sponsored Links
Cool. Thanks.
Now what?
Time to try to get the other outside lights working?

Ps I've just found a bulb for outside and the lights above the garage now work in the sensor and the left hand gang inside also switches it off.

The internal garage light (which can be operated by two internal garage switches)
The external lights that come on via the sensor or via the switch inside the house.
Plus any tidying up that can be done or would you just suggest buying some nice big back boxes and not split the cables anymore than into two boxes?
Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Cool. Thanks.
Now what?
Time to try to get the other outside lights working?
Time for the penny to drop and you to realise that you should be working all this out for yourself, not blindly trying things other people suggest without you understanding why.

Ok, I can't seem to work this out. I've basically put the wiring back to this but it leads to the outside lights (both garage door and outside lights) being one all the time and no combination of switches turn them off.

es21pl.jpg

wamyoy.jpg

Any ideas/help please?
Thanks.

I'm confused.

What is the situation now?
Is the pir light working properly?
Is this not classed as an outside light?

The inside garage lights work perfectly.
I can hear the outside PIR "clicking" as it activates but the outside lights are on before it clicks and the are on after it is clicked.
The switches inside the house do nothing at all.
The left hand switch in the garage is the only switch that turns the outside lights off.

Remove cable 7 brown from the switch.

Do you want these outside lights to come on with the pir or be independent - switched from the house where the only spare switch is.

Ideally I would like all outside lights to come on from the sensor.

I guess this would make the two switches inside the house redundant so if they could be used to over ride the outside lights and the lights above the garage door that'd be a bonus.

When you say override do you mean able to be switched on when the pir is not detecting movement?

Ideally I'd like them to be set so that if someone approaches the front door, the the lights come on using the PIR.

and....

I'd like to be able to switch them on/off from the switches inside the house too if possible.

Firstly, to make sure it works, put the cable 7 brown and the cable 1 black in the N terminal.

These and all the other line(live) conductors should be sleeved or taped with brown to show the are line conductors but first things first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back