Lighting - Time delay switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, does anyone know of a light switch that will offer a time delay option?

Ideally a device that will fit into or replace an existing 1-way light switch, which when turned on will last for approximately 5-15 minutes then automatically turn itself off?

Sponsored Links
There are other options. You can get an electronic timeswitch (does away with troublesome & abusable pneumatics, and some also have a neon locator.

Also, you can get PIR switches (they replace a 1way switch and don't need a neutral).

I thought is was the other way around

Time delay - no neutral

PIR - neutral required

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys! The ones on the Cyberselect website are quite expensive, the screwfix one looks good. Has anyone used these? Ideally the maximum I wanted to pay was around the £30 mark. Cheers.

DIYerHELP said:
Thanks Guys! The ones on the Cyberselect website are quite expensive, the screwfix one looks good. Has anyone used these? Ideally the maximum I wanted to pay was around the £30 mark. Cheers.

They're common in communal areas in flats.

I think a separate PIR sensor switch be better. Are these easy to install to an existing light? Has anyone used one and could recommend a small neat PIR sensor for indoor use?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back