Lint Arrester & Hot Spots on Burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed that the lint arrester is missing from my old Baxi heat only boiler.

I understand that this is an air filter. It seems a rather strange name for a filter, does it serve any other purpose?

My heating engineer, always said that he found the boiler exceptionally clean when he serviced it. He said it was due to us not having any pets in the house. May be he thought the filter was not necessary.

I've now noticed that there are some bright hot spots on the burner. Could this be due to the absence of the filter. Do these hot spots cause any damage to the burner?

Sponsored Links
most lint arrestors cause more issues than they solve ime. The hotspots are probably bits of carp that have dropped onto the burner from the heat exchanger, could be time for another service?

most lint arrestors cause more issues than they solve ime. The hotspots are probably bits of carp that have dropped onto the burner from the heat exchanger, could be time for another service?

Many thanks mickyg for your comments & advice.

I guess that's why the lint arrester was removed.

I've now booked a service, just in case I decide to keep the old faithful a little longer :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back