Lionel Messi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What a player, I think he must be an alien or something. Short of someone in the crowd shooting him, is there any way to stop him.
More important, given the luck the mancs usually enjoy, what's the betting on him being injured or suspended for the final.

Sponsored Links
We shut him out over 2 legs in the semis a couple of years ago...its very hard but ji sung park has done it backing up evra

No doubt he is a fantastic player but not invincible

The lad just gets better each year. I think Fergie will be very worried about him. United defense aint the best at the moment and the lad is truly gifted!

You could say hes probably the best player to have ever played the game.

Sponsored Links
The lad just gets better each year. I think Fergie will be very worried about him. United defense aint the best at the moment and the lad is truly gifted!

United have just set the record the being the only club to not concede an away goal in the champs league so hardly a poor defence

I would rate pele and maradonna higher as they did it at all levels not just club

Of course fergie is worried he would be a fool not to

I'm beginning to think that, though I'd really, really hate it if he rapes the scum on wembleys wide open spaces. :LOL: I wonder if whiskynose will do a mourihno and pack 10 men in the box.

I would rate pele and maradonna higher as they did it at all levels not just club

Perhaps they had better teams around them, Pele certainly did.

The man is a genius.

He is the best attacking player (by far) the world has seen so far.

Manchester United will have issues with him but are likely come up with a plan of their own. You don't get to a champions league final by playing 1 dimensional rubbish football.

You would be fool to bet against Barca though.

I think the past players of Pele and Maradona are probably worried about having their title taken away :LOL:

Pele said that Messi wont be a legend until he does it at International level, thats easy coming from a player that played in the best team to have ever played the game, plus he had 3 rubbish world cups himself.

Maradona is like a god in Argentina, is he afraid his place may be taken by Messi? He did say Messi plays like Jesus!

I still think when Messi finishes his career he will go down as the greatest player to have ever kicked a ball

Maradonna single handedly won the world cup for argentina in 86
They were awful apart from him

No they weren't. Off the top of my head they had Kempes, Ardilles, Villa.
Hardly "awful", plus they had a huge fanatical crowd at every game willing every player to chase everything and virtually run through brick walls. So how you can say Maradona won it on his own is beyond me. :rolleyes:

btw, seeing as you half inched the real Space cat's username I'll be referring to you as copy cat from now on.

edit, just realised 86, yeah, you might have a point.

With his hand of God he did yes, Gary Linekar was top scorer for the 86 world cup.

Dont forget they had Passarella, Buruchaga, Rugeri...brilliant players!

With his hand of God he did yes, Gary Linekar was top scorer for the 86 world cup.

Dont forget they had Passarella, Buruchaga, Rugeri...brilliant players!

86 argentina were a bunch of hack merchants plus maradonna , far less rated than the last world cup bunch who played with messi

We will worry about messi and villa and xavi and inesta,

They can worry about rooney, hernandez,giggs and valencia

I think Barca are a Fantastic team and are rightly favourites but utd are more than capable of beating them, in fact chelsea played barca off the pitch 2 seasons ago and got robbed by the worst ref in the history of the champs league

Why have you nicked the real Space cat's (whose base is so secret even the space cats don't know it) username? :rolleyes:

I don't remember chelsea playing barca off the pitch in that game. It was the usual loads of barca possession and chelsea hitting them on the break. They got a couple of bad decisions, that's the way it goes sometimes. But no one benefits from bad decisions as much as the scum, so you shouldn't have anything to fear on that front.

Now who was it again.....Messi, Villa, Xavi and Iniesta v Rooney, Hernandez, Giggs and Valencia.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back