List of Tory and DUP MPs who voted against a fair pay rise for the NHS

Go back in time and Blare gave nurses etc a pay rise aiming to get more. It just didn't pay enough. If you happened to watching C4 news you would have seen a brief interview on some one from the IMF arriving who essentially said he can't afford to do it and will suffer as a result. As younger people now tend to try and pick a career that might last them long enough and has a reasonably income rather than growing up wanting to be such and such Blare's change was probably good. I know of several young people who switched or went into nursing. The Tory block in this area is undoing what Blare did. Firemen - in general the only time they have had a pay rise is following a strike. They always fall behind. Then there has been the recent complaints by doctors that were well televised. Even earlier they had a go at changing teacher's way of working - few will have little idea of the actual effect that has had. Some years before that universities were the target.

Sponsored Links
I think that using the virus at the moment to score points is a bit poor. By all means, let the gov have it after it's all over but right now? We should be concentrating on what we can do, not what happened 3 years ago?
Exactly.

we should be pulling together at the moment, not attempting to score political points.

I'm politically agnostic and have a view that either side has it's good and bad points so concentrate on results. I don't for instance like the USA's and others TV showing our parliament in action for entertainment to make them laugh but am not at all surprised that they do. I also don't like hearing about the UK's constitution when we don't actually have one. Of late it's turned in a well we do have a sort of one so that we don't feel left out.

:) To be honest I feel people were stupid not voting proportional representation in. That way they would probably have to work together as other countries are more likely to do.

Sponsored Links
To be honest I feel people were stupid not voting proportional representation in
That would be a landmark in UK politics and very much needed.

perhaps there should be a referendum, we know they help to create political harmony :ROFLMAO:

Exactly.

we should be pulling together at the moment, not attempting to score political points.
Interesting when it is criticism of the government, Tory voters say: any criticism is political point scoring, thats a convenient scapegoat

Is it right that Matt Hancock is currently saying how much he supports the NHS, but he was the same person that took £32,000 from the Institute of Economic Affairs who actively campaign to privatise the NHS and are funded by US healthcare companies.
It seems he is allowed to get away with that 'because to criticise is to point score'

Do not conflate holding the government to account with political point scoring -the 2 are not the same.

Is that it

You know it isn't.

only one Tory MP voted against blocking a pay rise.

Did you know, there are some tories who stand on their doorsteps and clap for the nurses that they prevented having a pay rise? And cheered themselves for preventing it?

It's lucky we're going to get those 50,000 imaginary extra nurses.

Interesting when it is criticism of the government, Tory voters say: any criticism is political point scoring, thats a convenient scapegoat

Is it right that Matt Hancock is currently saying how much he supports the NHS, but he was the same person that took £32,000 from the Institute of Economic Affairs who actively campaign to privatise the NHS and are funded by US healthcare companies.
It seems he is allowed to get away with that 'because to criticise is to point score'

Do not conflate holding the government to account with political point scoring -the 2 are not the same.
I'm more than happy to have robust and respectful political discussion. However, i don't think now is the right time to bringing up historical actions on the part of any political party. Decisions made a few years ago, right or wrong, were made on the basis of what was happening then and what people thought would happen in the future.

Holding the government to account in normal times is right and correct, but we're not in normal times. The country is now in a very different situation and deliberately attempting to stir up bad feeling to score political points right now is the wrong thing to do.

The NHS staff are working hard and putting themselves at significant greater risk for our benefit, as are the police and other services and industries. As a whole country, we should be collectively supporting those people, and not attempting to open old wounds for political capital.

Last edited:
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news...hems-the-rules-says-capitalism-20200409195289

The more essential your work the less you get paid, them's the rules, says capitalism
9th April 2020
CAPITALISM has confirmed that the more vital to society your work is, the less you therefore earn.

Workers who the country could not do without right now, for example nurses, truckers or supermarket staff, must earn a pittance compared to management consultants and pork futures traders because that is the way it is.

A Treasury spokesman said, “As someone who draws a six figure salary for a job a trained parrot could do, I applaud those potentially laying down their lives and regret that they must earn much less.

“Whether a binman, a cleaner, a bus driver, a delivery driver, a postman or one of the other people that keeps Britain running, your earnings must remain low as our tribute.

“Now is not the time to discuss an increase in salaries. To discuss monetary issues at a time like this would be vulgar and an insult to the genuine emotion of their work. They’re missionaries, not mercenaries.

“We couldn’t increase their pay without taking away everything that makes them so wonderful. If only I could be like them. But sadly, I have a huge house.”

The spokesman added: “Our adage is ‘Keep Calm And Carry On With A Unchanged Economic System’. Certainly makes sense to me.”

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news...hems-the-rules-says-capitalism-20200409195289

The more essential your work the less you get paid, them's the rules, says capitalism
9th April 2020
CAPITALISM has confirmed that the more vital to society your work is, the less you therefore earn.

Workers who the country could not do without right now, for example nurses, truckers or supermarket staff, must earn a pittance compared to management consultants and pork futures traders because that is the way it is.

A Treasury spokesman said, “As someone who draws a six figure salary for a job a trained parrot could do, I applaud those potentially laying down their lives and regret that they must earn much less.

“Whether a binman, a cleaner, a bus driver, a delivery driver, a postman or one of the other people that keeps Britain running, your earnings must remain low as our tribute.

“Now is not the time to discuss an increase in salaries. To discuss monetary issues at a time like this would be vulgar and an insult to the genuine emotion of their work. They’re missionaries, not mercenaries.

“We couldn’t increase their pay without taking away everything that makes them so wonderful. If only I could be like them. But sadly, I have a huge house.”

The spokesman added: “Our adage is ‘Keep Calm And Carry On With A Unchanged Economic System’. Certainly makes sense to me.”

Did you know that one of Marx's famous comments was don't worry about capitalism because it will look after itself ie doomed long term.

A view not often heard when the Berlin wall came down. I did have job, I did have somewhere to live and a pension to look forward to. Now I have nothing. It's bit tricky maintaining a population of 260 million like that.

However, i don't think now is the right time to bringing up historical actions on the part of any political party.

but since we are now suffering the results of their mean-spirited policies, and since people are now paying attention, I think it is absolutely the right time.

interesting that you think the last few years are "historical."

but since we are now suffering the results of their mean-spirited policies, and since people are now paying attention, I think it is absolutely the right time.

interesting that you think the last few years are "historical."
I think its mean spirited to bring it up now.

Would you like to see the NHS go on strike right now seeing as people would 'pay attention'?

Would you like to see the NHS go on strike

what a strange idea you have.

would you like to see Tory MPs voting down an NHS pay rise, and cheering themselves for it, just now?

Would you like to see Jeremy the Hunt forcing worse pay and conditions onto Junior Hospital doctors?

Or would you be too scared of the retribution they would suffer?

Is that why you think it's "mean-spirited" to mention their past and recent behaviour?

Tell me again about the 50,000 "extra" nurses of Tory fantasy.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back