Liverpuddled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Stevo walks, away from court with his reputation intact.

Good result or .... ?

Sponsored Links
If it was common Joe from the estate then the verdict would have been different.

Even the CCTV video shows it was not self defence

But the verdict was not unexpected was it?

Missed this first time around...
"...Because of Gerrard's standing as Liverpool captain, there had been discussion in legal circles about whether the trial would be moved to another city.
But Judge Globe, saying careful consideration would be given to jury members' interests, kept the case in Liverpool.
He checked with prosecuting barrister Brian Cummings QC and the rest of counsel today whether his own interest in football - and visits to Anfield - had any bearing on him presiding over the trial.
He said: "I want to make it quite plain, my own position, I want it to be clearly understood.
"I am not a season ticket-holder, nor regular attender at Anfield, but it would be right to say I have been a visitor at Anfield as a guest on occasions.
"I have a general interest in football and watched many football matches, though not live, with many different clubs, not just Liverpool." ..."

No messing with a Newcastle scoundrel in May 2008...
"...Today (May 2008) Judge Henry Globe QC ordered Barton to pay the youth £2,500 towards dental treatment. He also sentenced the footballer to six months in prison. "You acted in an extremely violent and aggressive manner," he declared, before sending Barton off to the Big House to think about what he'd done..."

Ok for this chappy ...
Lady Justice Hallett, sitting at the Court of Appeal in London with Mr Justice Keith and the Recorder of Liverpool Judge Henry Globe QC, decided to suspend the sentence allowing LORD Ahmed - the South Yorkshire peer who sent and received text messages on the motorway minutes before a fatal crash to go free immediately...

Funny old game...

Sponsored Links
"What at first sight to the casual observer may seem to have been a clear-cut case against you of unlawful violence, has been nowhere near as clear-cut upon careful analysis of the evidence."

Back