More court martials?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4699651.stm

Too right.

Obviously, innocent until proven guilty, but I think the procedings are just. We have the best respected and most professional fighting force in the world, and we didn't get that reputation by abusing prisoners.

There seem to be more UK soldiers in court martials than US soldiers. Are our boys just rougher or is it the British sense of fair play that makes sure we try them all?

Sponsored Links
No, I think the Yanks are rougher, but get away with more.

Brig Sheldon said "I and every member of the regiment bitterly regrets" the death of Mr Mousa.

I wonder how much he would be regretting it if it had gone un-noticed by the media.

army lads dont deserve this crap they where sent over there to do a sh*t job cover it up and be done with it the army has deserterd these lads all for some pc bo**ox wtf is the media doing printing this they are are traitors to the armed forces ask any squadie

time for some dissention in the ranks i would like to see all the troops go on a massive mutiny till we got rid of all the dogooders and media

what would happen to any prisioners the iraqs take we all know they kill them

so you want to see them be prosecuted shame on anyone who is english saying this we need more men like these to put the fear of GOD in them

liberalism strikes again

Sponsored Links
Good to see that they can't get away with it anymore.

Slogger said:
so you want to see them be prosecuted shame on anyone who is english saying this we need more men like these to put the fear of GOD in them

liberalism strikes again

Hardly liberalism.

HM Forces have a history of discipline. Occasionally there have been problems, but remember that soldiers are ambassadors for our country. They are the military might that spreads our view of justice throughout the world.

If soldiers went around murdering, raping and pillaging all the time, then what would that say for our aims in war? It would say that we are fighting for the hell of it, NOT because we believe it is the right thing to improve the world.

Yes, the enemy are brutal and uncivilised, and would quite likely murder any PoWs. They do this because they have lost and they are desperate. Any allied soldier (or civilian) that they can kill is a major victory to them, even when done in a cowardly fashion. If we had the same views, we would have razed Iraq to the ground, killing all the enemy and the civilians they wish to rule. But we are better than that.

are we >? some of you might be some of us are no better i know this for a fact most of the squaddies over there dont want to be doing this cr*p

raze it to the ground and be done with it we have lost too many men now and the yanks even more and what for ??? let get back to basics with the scum of the world and annialate them it would show we dont tellerate anyone messing with us no more kissy kissy how about GRRRRRRR we have the teeth we should use them

you are not over there if i lost one of my own in this i would take revenge this is what is happening the lads lose m8s and want some form of retribution

the human being is an aggressive animal at heart if you think differently then history will prove you wrong

not many men would be lost with total anniallation ( bombardments day and night) no need to put men on the ground till all that remains is rubble and then some .What would you rather do risk our own troops ( sons fathers daughters ) if you have the courage to answer me then fire away

Slogger said:
are we >? some of you might be some of us are no better i know this for a fact most of the squaddies over there dont want to be doing this cr*p

Kinda in the wrong job then, eh Slogger? People join the armed forces of their own free will, and no-one is in any doubt about what it is there for. You join the armed forces to fight for your country, and when countries fight, people die. It isn't nice, but it happens. And soldiers accept that, otherwise they wouldn't have joined up.

let get back to basics with the scum of the world and annialate them it would show we dont tellerate anyone messing with us no more kissy kissy how about GRRRRRRR we have the teeth we should use them

I suggest you read a book on the Treaty of Versaille and it's contribution towards the starting of WW2... I'm sure they do it in large print with plenty of pictures...

you are not over there if i lost one of my own in this i would take revenge this is what is happening the lads lose m8s and want some form of retribution

You are right, I'm not over there... and neither are you. :rolleyes:

It is terrible when people are killed, but that doesn't mean we must make vengeance killings for each of our lost soldiers. Retribution? The guy they killed was a hotel receptionist.

the human being is an aggressive animal at heart if you think differently then history will prove you wrong

On that, I agree with you.

not many men would be lost with total anniallation ( bombardments day and night) no need to put men on the ground till all that remains is rubble and then some .What would you rather do risk our own troops ( sons fathers daughters ) if you have the courage to answer me then fire away

Slogger, why did we get into this war? To free the Iraqi people from Hussein's rule. Why in the name of freakin' leapin' leprechauns would we have achieved if we had just killed everyone in the whole country with total anhilation?! NOTHING! It would have been a waste of resources.

As to courage to answer you, typing on an internet forum requires no courage. I could be a 10-year old girl and would still be telling you what for. :LOL: I'm not telling you this because I am courageous, I'm telling you it because this is what I think!

You obviously have NO idea about war, the history of war, the process of war, the reason for this war, the morality of war, despite your idea (singular) to the contrary. You might know some people out there, big deal. Who doesn't?

ok ok getting personal again thats ok but please put pictures on your posts

as for not being there i have a son serving in the forces he has to work to moronic rules of engagement i say if they have a gun shoot them

? as for total annialation no innocents would be hurt as they would be told to leave well before and if they didnt then they are not innocents simple

war is war no namby pamby crap would you be happy to see any members of you family die to help these animals i know i wouldnt we need to get tougth with them now

liberalism at its best is best at nothing other than losing when we are dealing with such a massive threat we need nothing other than FEAR

they have to fear the carnage we will drop on them

OIL is what this is all about nothing more nothing less set a 1 mile exclusion zone to the oil fields nothing in or out unless its ours

hairy knuckles dragging on the floor illiterate geordie ?? is that how you see me ?

AdamW said:
It is terrible when people are killed, but that doesn't mean we must make vengeance killings for each of our lost soldiers. Retribution? The guy they killed was a hotel receptionist.

Too true, if these soldiers are found guilty of torture and murder they should be punished in the same way as anyone else. They have abused a position of power and caused huge problems for a lot of people. I wonder if this kind of treatment of Iraqi civilians encourages the desire for revenge in the same way that the London bombings have encouraged this desire in some people around here.

of course they will take it out on the nearest iraq if they lost m8s who wouldnt ? the soldiers are only human after all if i was in charge of the prisions over there they would be empty errr as they all escaped

Slogger said:
as for total annialation no innocents would be hurt as they would be told to leave well before and if they didnt then they are not innocents simple

If we are telling civilians to leave their homes so that we can flatten them, surely we should be responsible for re-housing them. As we will be busy flattening the rest of their country at the same time I suppose we should offer them accommodation over here until we have re-built their towns for them.

cors not they could all go to pakistan where the WMDs went duh

who would care anyway ?? not me as long as we didnt lose any soldiers i am happy with any upheavel we put on them

you seem to think its ok for our troops to die ? do you is it ok for our lads to die over there because they joined the army and thats what happens to soldiers

this is what happens when we use liberal rules on an agressive nation

Slogger said:
you seem to think its ok for our troops to die ? do you is it ok for our lads to die over there because they joined the army and thats what happens to soldiers

I don't think it's ok for anyone to die, but soldiers are getting paid to take the risk of going into combat. Civillians aren't.

omg get a grip most of the time the army is the only choice we have to get a job it isnt a licence to kill us and it surely isnt a licence to kill foreigners due to stupid rules of engagement

look at the news we need to put FEAR into these *******

Sponsored Links
Back