Load bearing or not??? 12hrs before it comes down!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Some advice would be greatly appreciated. I am planning a new kitchen and the way the old one is set up we have a partial brick wall that comes across not connected. I began to remove the decorative arch????? Then found solid brick wall tied to lava brick the really light weight stuff, that's now down as I kind of had no choice in that one. The second brick wall is more solid goes ceiling to foundation. I was wandering if there would be any issues removing it? It appears to be supporting 2 joists at most. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Well on the basis that you state it's supporting a couple of joists then it would appear to be load-bearing - if you're going to remove it then it would seem like good idea to provide the joists with support whilst you're removing the wall and permanent support after you've taken the wall out!

What is this '12 hrs till it comes down' oddity? Is it some odd idle threat to make us pay attention and aid his plight because he's only just thought about it? :confused:

I can only assume that the OP meant 12 hours before the house comes down!

Sponsored Links
Idle threat grow up guys, it was a bit of banter obviously overlooked by the more lets call it "a holes" out there. It was posted for some advice as I guessed that is what forums like these are for. For the one reply with advice I thank you for the W&&£ers who felt the need to critically evaluate the title have a lovely weekend.

why anyone would risk removing a wall without getting professional advice first is beyond me.
you're obviously concerned enough to post here asking for help, so i suggest you phone a pro.
no one is going to be able to give you a solid answer by looking at those two pictures.
don't take risks with structural modifications.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back