locate mains water stop cock in paved front patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved home. The front garden is paved over & I want to locate the mains water stop cock valve ( no water meter ionstalled).
Is there any way I can locate the stop cock e.g. water detector meter/
Replies appreciated

Sponsored Links
I thought the idea was to put one on the boundry of your land, normally near the road, and then one in your kitchen (under the sink), or in your downstairs loo? Depends on lots of different things... although i wouldn't have thought it would've been in your garden?

Ours was in the pavement, but some council muppet had tarmacced over it. Idiots. Anyway, I got lucky as I mentioned it to a Severn-Trent team who were digging up the road for some other reason, and they not only tracked it down but arranged foranother team to come out and expose it for me. Good on them. No help to you, though! Still, I'm alright.

Sponsored Links
stopo cock is normally on the pavement so the waterboard can access it rather than in the front garden. Have a good look around, if not contact them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back