Log Cabin Floor Insulation Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I have a log cabin (glorified shed) arriving and wanted to insulate the floor. The Cabin comes with bearers, which I am putting directly on a newly build wooden deck base. I have been reading about celotex and wondered if this can put directly on the deck base between the bearers and then the included cladded floor over that? I have seen alot of videos and how to where people do this but I'm not sure it should directly on the foundation as it will get wet. My other option is to put the included cladded floor down and then some insulation board designed for bathroom use and then laminate. I unsure out DPM etc and where to put these if at all. I don;t want to do the wrong thing here and find out I have a damp issue caused by incorrect insulation installation.

Any help appreciated.

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back