Log Splitter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a good quality log splitter for a reasonable price, my back is killing from chopping with an axe!!

Sponsored Links
What are you splitting, how big, how often, what are you intending to power it with (hydraulic power pack or electric), how much do you want to spend and how much room have you got to store it?

sorry for the questions, but i went through all these when i bought one for my log splitting sideline, so it will be easier to give you a guide in teh right direction. All log splitters are not the same!

Hi yes I'm just splitting a small amount of logs for personal use - not commercially, so the cheaper the better. Logs are already sawn and just need splitting. I thought of powering with mains electric. £200.00 is my budget, thanks

Sponsored Links
so pay some other bloke or one of the older local kids to do it for you..
£200 is a good 33 hours of chopping at £6/hr..

even if you give him a tenner once a week for an hour's chopping then that's still 20 weeks worth.. :)

so pay some other bloke or one of the older local kids to do it for you..
£200 is a good 33 hours of chopping at £6/hr..

even if you give him a tenner once a week for an hour's chopping then that's still 20 weeks worth.. :)
many thanks for a completley useless suggestion - a short term solution to a long term problem, I could have come to that conclusion without asking for help on this site, maybe you could come round and chop some logs for me - your response suggests that you have nothing else better to do!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back