logic baffling out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are these baffling out and going to L2 shutoff a common and consistant fault?, if so can someone point me in the right direction, I've had a lot of people telling me the pcb bcc card has sorted it out but I'm sceptical.

Sponsored Links
Most on here know what the problem is most likely to be but unfortunately the site rules prohibit us from telling you on an open forum as trying to remedy it yourself could be dangerous you need a RGI to sort this I am afraid

Thanks Ian, been an RGI 20 years and on here 13. I have gone through all basics but on this model its something a little more tricky. Couple of other colleagues have suggested pcb and bcc card sort out a dc voltage issue to the g.v but I just wondered if anyone was familiar with this as an intermittent issue. I'm not looking for instruction just a pointer from those more familiar :)

well register for the CC and you will get all the help you need

Sponsored Links
oilskin you've been on this forum for 13 years , why haven't you registered for the cc . i guarantee you will learn something my friend , least of all the answer to your question(y) stay away from the PCB my friend , can't go into it much as you may understand

Last edited:
you've been on this forum for 13 years , why haven't you registered for the cc .

Well when the cc was introduced we had a site which was genuinely useful with the likes of chrisR and kevplumb etc and I think most of us felt a trade forum had no place on a diy site and thats why I never felt the inclination to join. Add to that my liking of anonymity and I just prefer not to send my details for verification. I appreciate your replies though.

Well when the cc was introduced we had a site which was genuinely useful with the likes of chrisR and kevplumb etc and I think most of us felt a trade forum had no place on a diy site and thats why I never felt the inclination to join. Add to that my liking of anonymity and I just prefer not to send my details for verification. I appreciate your replies though.

Crazy?! Or sanctimonious? ! I can't decide which.

How does registering for the cc suddenly castrate you if anonymity?

I thought the cc required me to send my gas safe number to some random site owner I dont know who can then identify me personally?. I know many wont care but that doesn't suit me. The site is what it is Dan, I'm just saying its just changed completely over the last decade.

I thought the cc required me to send my gas safe number to some random site owner I dont know who can then identify me personally?. I know many wont care but that doesn't suit me. The site is what it is Dan, I'm just saying its just changed completely over the last decade.
but is the same for the rest of us 007 the only reason is to stop giving out information that can be read completely the wrong way and DIY folks getting things completely wrong, if you want to remain anonymous that is completely your decision but as a gas Engineer you couldnt ask for a better base of knowledge than the CC

what about all the certs you've provided ( with your gas number attached ) over the last 20 years , some could have been used on the net and even by your old acquaintances for their own gain . your over thinking it tbh regarding the cc

The funny thing is you think your details are anonymous with gas safe? :LOL:
I dont care about that aspect, I dont want my opinions on here attributed to me directly through my gas safe number. This site, screwfix and gas-news never used to ask for that. Anyways no matter, hopefully I'll get to the bottom of the issue tomorrow.

C'mon guys, respect Oilski's reasons and help him out.

Agas was spot on with his hint - surely you can help a fellow rgi with some similar cryptic hints that would mean nothing to a diy-er, but would guide him to a solution?

Cheers snes but no worries, I'll see if I can find my gas safe card and ring ideal. I know those Honeywell valves are useless if they are the same as on the promaxs but it's been recently changed and the Venturi, injector etc is spotless. I'm sure a Google search will help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back