London Bridge is apparently down

Sponsored Links
With most of Britain and Britishness having been abolished in the last few decades, the only time we were allowed to be patriotic was at one of the Queen's jubilees or birthdays. Charles will make a good king, I can see him continuing the traditions. William and Harry are part of the modern, global communist world. They will give everything away.

Sponsored Links
I was splitting hairs...
'tis a fine art with a sharp knife :p

Although, you could call him 'English', as the country of England was a political fact by that time: The Battle of Stamford Bridge defeated Harald Hardrada and ended Norse claims to York, so with the north secured up to Hadrian's Wall, Harold had to march his men all the way back again to deal with William (the B*stard).
I think it was Athelred, grandson of Alfred the Great, who was first to call himself King of all England.

Last edited:
.... I think that Charles has a lot more depth to him, concern for the nation and its' people as well as knowledge of the constitution and the country and the workings of the monarchy.
You may have a very pertinent point there.
If we look at QE11's "life experience" before she became Queen, at the tender age of 25, she had lived in a world of vast privilege for the Royals, especially in comparison to the poor, jobless and homeless of the nation. Rationing was still in use, only 60% of working age adults were in work, and the 'prefabs' were still shiny new homes in 1952. Yeah, OK she drove an ambulance during the war, but I bet she was very well cossetted normally.
King Charles, on the other hand, is very much a well- travelled, experienced, pseudo-politician who has mixed with and seen the real world, when he became King.

Queen, at the tender age of 25, she had lived in a world of vast privilege for the Royals, especially in comparison to the poor, jobless and homeless of the nation. Rationing was still in use, only 60% of working age adults were in work, and the 'prefabs' were still shiny new homes in 1952. Yeah, OK she drove an ambulance during the war, but I bet she was very well cossetted normally.
None of that matters, except to communists.

God Save the King!
Long Live the King!

I cannot wait for the coronation.

Do you still check for 'Reds under the bed' every night?
No people who live in la la land either sleep on the floor or have the mattress on it. Just in case someone is under the bed.

Because I think wills and Kate are more personable with the general public.

Charles is still seen as the old guard, whereas William is seen as fresh and something needed to help move the country forward

I don't dislike Charles but I believe you are right.

However as long as he sees fit to reign then he will gave my support.

Sponsored Links
Back