London Bridge is apparently down

It's time we asked again why the estates of the Duchy of Lancaster and the Duchy of Cornwall, including farming land in the North-west and west of England as well as commercial holdings in London, do not pay tax on profits.

The whole edifice of royalness is based on asserting that the family is more important than anyone else, by birth, and can have different rules.
Philip was openly hostile to anyone who didn't bow to him when first introduced. That's revolting, it's time it went.

Sponsored Links
The edifice is based on the fact that the Crown levies taxes not pay them. As said you wouldn’t invent the monarchy from scratch but as a preserver if important art and the countryside they are going a good job; not to mention the diplomatic/tourist value world wide. I believe HM started laying voluntary income tax after her annus horribilis and the Windsor castle fire in 92

Blup

The edifice is based on the fact that the Crown levies taxes not pay them. As said you wouldn’t invent the monarchy from scratch but as a preserver if important art and the countryside they are going a good job; not to mention the diplomatic/tourist value world wide. I believe HM started laying voluntary income tax after her annus horribilis and the Windsor castle fire in 92

Blup
Preserving art? Is that not owned by us, the public taxpayer ?

And preserving for who ? Can we visit and look at it ?

I wish my tax was voluntary too !

I believe HM started laying voluntary income tax
Correct. Over time she slipped down the rich list

The Queen is now the 372nd richest person in Britain, according to the Sunday Times annual rich list.
Her Majesty is worth £350 million (AUD $658 million) as of 2020.
The Queen is the head of the British Royal Family trust and much of her income comes from trusts that are part of the Royal Collection. The trusts include certain national treasures, including the Crown Jewels and the Tower of London, which the Queen holds for the rest of the nation. Also included are wind farms and horses.
Though she doesn't own them outright, they make up her vast portfolio.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F4ea13949-4814-41da-b9e7-82c2f0587e30

It's not a lot in some respects - the crown jewels wont earn a lt of income. A number of aspects do raise income for the country. Tourism for instance.

Phase 2 has started now on some media - Charles does this and that and has etc. Then the ones with an axe to grind will join in and later nuts on social media = more division.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So the queen’s hearse is a Mercedes Benz? Surely they could have found something a bit more british? Perhaps they’d all broken down.

So the queen’s hearse is a Mercedes Benz? Surely they could have found something a bit more british? Perhaps they’d all broken down.

At one stage, I noticed a second one running empty, in convoy, with lots of police vehicles through a town centre. Maybe they were expecting the Merc to break down?

[EDIT] It was a second convoy, following the main one, some distance behind.

Last edited:
It's an IV bruise, anyone with elderly relatives who have spent any time in hospital getting treatment will be very familiar with that bruise.
Both hands, it was. She'd probably get the best jabber they have with the ultrasound doobrie to find a vein. Presumably there will be a post mortem?

Presumably there will be a post mortem?
Once past about 70 yo they tend to just consider death as by natural causes unless there is suspicion of foul play, at least among the hoi polloi. Do you know something we don't? ;)

Both hands, it was. She'd probably get the best jabber they have with the ultrasound doobrie to find a vein. Presumably there will be a post mortem?

Ah, I'd only seen the one picture of her with Truss where you can see her right hand.

Once past about 70 yo they tend to just consider death as by natural causes unless there is suspicion of foul play, at least among the hoi polloi. Do you know something we don't? ;)

Well, you can't deny it is a bit suspicious for a frail little 96 year old woman with worsening health problems to just die out of the blue like that?

Clearly there's more to this than meets the eye.

Sponsored Links
Back