Long Handled Watering Can to help elderly father???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anyone know where I can get such a thing to avoid my father bending to pick up a full watering can? (the alternative would be to raise the height of the outside tap and build a stand to sit the can on when filling) However, a long handled watering can would be the far easier option!
Looked on google but with no luck.
Help appreciated
Thanks
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Need to mix powdered plant food so ned container and plants are at ground level so simply tipping the can wouls be all that was required

Thanks for the responses tho

Sponsored Links
Glyn

Haven't seen a long handle watering can, can't you take an existing one to your local fabrication merchant and ask to weld an extra peice on.

M

I think the stand is the best idea. I know someone who puts the can on a small wall next to the tap. it is also convenient for stirring in chemicals.

a short hose on the tap is handy to fill the can, but needs a non-return valve

If your farther has a hosepipe I can recommend a garden feeder by Superspray. www.superspray.co.uk You can clip it to the hosepipe and it will dilute any liquid feed, detergent for car washing or window washing and its dilution is accurate. It will also spray clean water at the turn of a button. weighs about 600gms when full. Vey useful tool. Cheap - about £10

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back