Looking for a dust shroud to cover a drill bit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I need to drill just two holes in the brick wall in my study. Within a few inches of where the holes need to be is my computer, and other equipment that simply cannot afford to have grit or dust flying about near to them. Besides, there is the carpet underneath the desk, also the decoration of the wall to consider.

I thought that this would be a no-brainer. All I would need to do, I thought, would be to buy a few cheap, disposable paper shrouds to cover the drill-bit. I imagined that I should just need to look them up (on eBay, say — easy-peasy), and there would be no concern about making a mess or ruining equipment.

The fact is, I have not been able to see ANY disposable, cheap dust-shroud. Since, at 88, I am not likely to be doing any more drilling other than this, I don't want to pay much money for a shroud.

Can anyone direct me to a UK firm on the Web, where these throwaway shrouds (paper ones?) can be obtained?

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses.
L.L

Sponsored Links
One of these

MT20BX1.JPG

and some flexible conduit to the vacuum cleaner hose

upload_2021-8-28_16-3-46.png

Sponsored Links
No, but thanks for the suggestions. i really would like to buy what I saw years ago (paper, disposable stick-on-the -wall shrouds), but which I have forgotten where they were seen or how they were described.
L.L.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best solution.
I would agree however the OP comes across as a stubborn 88yr old. For me the vacuum along with an envelope stuck to the wall with frog tape will catch 99% of debris and cover the computers with a dust sheet!

Vacuum cleaner will stop more dust than a paper doily. As will a towel over the computer stuff.

and turn the computer off before you start

do not turn it back on until you have cleaned, removed the dustsheets, hoovered, damp-wiped and finally opened the windows.

the cooling fans will suck dust and grit into the case.

Get beautiful female assistant to simply hold the nozzle of a vac, as close to where you are drilling and below, as she can.

It is amazing how effective the vaccum cleaner approach is. Awkward if you e got s two handed drill, but very effective.

Sponsored Links
Back