Looking for a large wrench

Sponsored Links
If it's a big plastic nut then you might get away with a strap wrench with a rubber strap. If it's metal then have a look at stilsons (also works with the plastic nut but you'll need to wrap some rag round it first to avoid scoring it.

If it's plastic then hand tight is all you need. If your plug hole is loose tighten that with a screwdriver from above.

i thought you said large wench, there are plenty of them in redruth

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I think the stillson will do it, but even that seems to be rare in this size.
It is a metal nut, and it doesn't have a screw on top, it is one of those fancy chrome popup things.

20455.jpg

Waterpump Pliers

I had a similar problem fitting a close coupled toilet (post on her about it)
I needed a wrench that opened to 6.5cm ...couldn't find one anywhere - only found one other thing - it was £30+ and not really adjustable (expensive for something for one job)
managed to sort problem before I could get a pair (they were out of stock) but got one anyway for the future called a 'superwide jaw adjustable wrench' from Toolstation -

don't know if they still do them - but might be worth looking up the superwide bit if they don't - can't remember how much - not a vast amount £16? or something...

Thanks guys, I got one eventually and sorted my problem. Great feeling :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back