Looking for a new Combi - which one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking for advice on ordering a new Combi boiler for my smallish 3 bed house which has 7 (double) radiators.

British Gas is advertising BAXI, POTTERON, Vaillant and Worcester.

Can anyone advise on he best make particularly on reliability, roughly how much a boiler plus installation cost (living in west London) should cost and if I should go through the big guy's like BG, EDF as they seem to offer discounts if I trade in my old boiler or is this a scam. Won't use nPower as the really messed me about on not fixing my current boiler. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Of course its a scam.

What do you think they do with your old boiler? Tescos will start letting you trade in your old vegetables at this rate.

If you want to see how much it will cost invite one of the 'discount' firms you mention and an independent. Thats two quotes, so you will only waste one person's time and not adversely raise the installation costs for everyone.

Regarding makes of boilers, you could probably spend the next week just reading everyones views already posted. Most of the pros here are bored with this question anyway - myself included.

Remeha Advanta boiler boilers are good, small in size and have lots of options for you to control your enviroment.

Sponsored Links
everyone has their favourite but I prefer Vaillant over all the others, You pay for what you get. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back