looking for advice on shed build.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm looking at building a 11x7ft shed on a concrete base that was left behind from a small, brick built workshop. One problem i have is there are a few spots of the base that are a bit soft. Having no experience in shed construction, i'm not sure where to go with it as i obviously don't want to bodge it.

One other question i have, would 4x2 joists be sufficient for a 11x7 floor. I was thinking 3x2 for stud work. Appreciate peoples advice on this who are far more knowledgeable than myself.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depending on intended load and usage at those dimensions you could opt for 3 x 2 joists (across the 7ft) and 2 x 2 studwork although those are more storage shed dimensions. If you intend to.use it as a workshop you will need the larger dimension stuff. I"d recommend pressure treated timber for exterior use

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping to use the shed as a workshop, so you think 4x2's would cut it or even larger?

Sponsored Links
Well, in structural terms 4 x 2s can be used to support floors on 16ibln centres with a 7ft span, so yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back