Looking for internal buzzer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps,

Not sure what they're exactly called, or where to buy them from, but I'm looking for a device which alerts inside the house (by way of a sound), when there is a movement outside detected.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
there are very cheap wireless PIR chimes. I have one aimed at the cars/front path. With Lithium batts it lasts more than a year. Ordinary alkaline batts not so long. If you can choose the noise it makes you can select a not-very-annoying one.

I'd go for one sounder and several PIRs, so you can cover all approaches.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...ime&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

I already have the external doors on house and garage set to chime on the intruder alarm, so I would hear if someone went in even in daytime when the alarm was not set and doors unlocked, for example if I was working in and out of the garden.

You can get better quality stuff at a higher price.

If you have PIR-switched outside lighting, you can wire in a mains voltage buzzer as if it were just another lighting load.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks for the info. I'd rather go for a wired solution, as opposed to wireless. Just want it installed one time and no need to bother with the hassle of changing batteries every few months.

How much would the wired buzzer cost?

Sponsored Links
GJD Saphire controller and opal xl head , you can add lighting to it at a later date

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back