Looking for name of a specific type of bolt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if these exist, but what I'm looking for is a bolt that is tamper proof externally (completely rounded off), but internally, instead of a nut tightening the bolt, its another bolt tightening it - a bit like a male/female adapter I guess.

I assume these exist. Is there a formal name for them? Doesn't matter if the bolt isn't tamper proof as long as I can file/modilfy it so it is.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Combination of a 'sleeve bolt' on a 'coach bolt'?
Google terms for pics or description.

Sound similar to cabinet connector bolts.
Try a search for "connector bolts" I found some things that look like they might do the trick if they are large enough don't know if they do rounded heads but I expect someone does.
Regards,
footprints

Sponsored Links
How about a coach bolt, connected to another one courtesy of a connecting nut - Toolstation 86819?
Or am I missing something?
John :)

Perhaps if you can find one in steel, you could put a blob of silver solder in the slot/hex/pozi to prevent access, or just epoxy resin in any material depending on how critical the appearance is.

Glad you ID'd what you need, regards,
footprints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back