Looking for replacement faceplates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could assist me in my quest to find some suitable replacement face plates for my bathroom and ensuite. Looking to replace the white monstrosity in the picture with something a little more stylish, but really struggling to find anything suitable. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info, helps if you know what your supposed to be looking for!

Am I correct in assuming that the left hand panel is just a blanking switch? The right hand switch is the light, then comes the fan switch followed by the fuse.

Sponsored Links
i.e a switch which is operated with a generic key. (or fish key)

Maybe it does something with the fan ?

Yep looks like some sort of weirdo fan isolator contraption.

The switch in the picture is made by MEM. The easiest option would be to get a four gang chrome grid plate to replace the white one and leave the switch modules as they are if you're happy with that.

the key switch will be to isolate the fan for maintenance. diagram has been copied from another forum. i can't remember the posters name, but i'm sure they wont mind me using it.
[/img]

GALLERY]

View media item 80595
Are you looking for this? :LOL:

If it's in your DIYnot album, don't try to put tags around it, I used to make that mistake, just copy the BBCode link, and make sure you haven't disabled BBCode in your post.

Look at Click Minigrid switches. Look much better than MK grid as it's more compact. (Incidentally the images in gutterball's image shows click switches.)

the key switch will be to isolate the fan for maintenance. diagram has been copied from another forum. i can't remember the posters name, but i'm sure they wont mind me using it.
[img] [A drawing showing the use of a 3-pole fan isolator, not a key switch] [/img]
Key switches like that are most often used in the permanent live supply to emergency lighting so that a power cut can be simulated and the emergency function tested.

They cannot be used as 3-pole fan isolators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back