Silver / Chrome Triple Face Plate for Mains?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I've been replacing all the face plates for the mains sockets in my house. I've been swapping out the white plastic single and double face plates for chrome silver face plates. All looking great so far but one problem ... one of the sockets is a triple socket and I can't find a triple silver/chrome face plate. Any ideas where I can find one?

Sponsored Links
I don't think they exist. I've certainly never seen one. Sorry. :cry:

There is a good chance it may be a converta socket [ if it flush mounted to the wall ] ,in which case providing you can make do with an outlet reduction here, just install another single or twin outlet face plate depending on the size of the box installed to the rear of the present converta socket.

See the Click New Media range of modules and plates.

They have a large face-plate (item mp508) which is available in many colours.

Four modules can be inserted into it, eg four socket outlets.

However, your wiring may not permit you to add these socket modules without fitting a 13 amp fuse before them.

So, a 13 amp fuse module is available; and could be fitted into the grid to feed three single socket modules.

A small blank may be needed to fill a gap in the grid set-up.

Sponsored Links
See the Click New Media range of modules and plates.

They have a large face-plate (item mp508) which is available in many colours.

Four modules can be inserted into it, eg four socket outlets.

However, your wiring may not permit you to add these socket modules without fitting a 13 amp fuse before them.

So, a 13 amp fuse module is available; and could be fitted into the grid to feed three single socket modules.

A small blank may be needed to fill a gap in the grid set-up.

Can you provide a link to mp508? I've searched for it but no results.

To clarify, I want a silver / chrome one of these:
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...refview=search&ts=1265497944241&isSearch=true

There is a good chance it may be a converta socket [ if it flush mounted to the wall ] ,in which case providing you can make do with an outlet reduction here, just install another single or twin outlet face plate depending on the size of the box installed to the rear of the present converta socket.

It's not flush mounted

A company called Static Systems Group, who make the tracking and socket panels used in hospitals can make any combination to order - expensive though. Hamilton-Litestat do the same I think.

If you google;

new media plates and modules. signal outlet plates domestic

It's not flush mounted

O.K. !

Don't know how to send links.

But if you type that in, then click on that same heading which is at the top of the list.

Then scroll down nearly half way down the page.

Or tell me how to send a link! :D

Don't know how to send links.

But if you type that in, then click on that same heading which is at the top of the list.

Then scroll down nearly half way down the page.

Or tell me how to send a link! :D

Copy the address of the page you want me to visit and paste it into your message

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back