Loose Banister Wall Bracket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We've just put our flat on the market, and I want to sort out our loose banister wall bracket before people come to view it, as it's not a great first impression.

Here's my problem: http://youtu.be/bXdKiEIbBe4

I realise I'm going to have to reseat it, requiring some removal and reapplication of plaster/filler, and painting to finish, but I was just wondering what the best method to achieve a good strong end result would be.

Any advice would be massively appreciated :D

Have a great weekend chaps,

BS...

Sponsored Links
I'd do the same as Big-All, fix the dressed timber to the wall, then fit the brackets he showed in the link,,,, a far stronger job, i'll never budge.

Question for the pros - if the spike could be totally withdrawn and the hole slightly enlargened, would resin work?

Sponsored Links
Question for the pros - if the spike could be totally withdrawn and the hole slightly enlargened, would resin work?

resin or no nails may work
but i suspect the handrail has a big unsupported span so when you lean on it it will bow slightly working the "pin " in the wall sideways as the handrail shortens by a fraction off a millimetre and springs back
i may off course be "over thinking" it
but my thoughts would be "ive bodged it to save time rather than do a proper job and left it safe "

in other words i would do it as an experiment in my own house and keep an eye on it and repair it properly if it fails knowing to keep an eye on it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back