Losing pressure and now no hot water - Baxo Combi 105HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have been losing pressure constantly for a while now and recently have to top the boiler up every few days. There does appear to be a leak from a valve on the back left of the unit - would this be as simple as changing a washer on this? Also, today the hot water won't go on - the heating however works just fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Without seeing the boiler I cant be sure what is wrong but if you have been topping the pressure up constantly then the system water will be contaminated, havent a clue what is leaking without looking at it but the no HW scenario, best case the DHW diaphragm needs replacing worst case scenario diverter valve service kit or new diverter valve, think it best you get an experienced RGI in to have a look, doubt it will be a quick fix

There does appear to be a leak from a valve on the back left of the unit - would this be as simple as changing a washer on this?

"A valve" is a bit too vague to get useful answers.
A photo might help.

Lo,

Had a guy round and the micro switch for hot water plus the diaphragm have gone. I'll add a pic of the valve (far left) - but he reckons that needs replacing and was the cause of the pressure loss issue. Any ideas how much I'd be looking to pay for the job
20160329_191332.jpg
? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Diaphragm on these very common to go but have never heard of the micro-Switch faulting doesnt mean it couldnt though but a very easy test to find out

Diaphragm on these very common to go but have never heard of the micro-Switch faulting doesnt mean it couldnt though but a very easy test to find out

The engineer showed me how it wasn't switching but it did if he did it manually. ie with his finger - seemed to add up

well if it switched with his finger its the DHW diaphragm and nothing wrong with the micro-switch

Paul, why did the engineer not carry out the repair?

Very common issue with the 105E and HE but a simple and inexpensive fix

Paul, do I understand correctly that the engineer comes out, opens the boiler, diagnoses the defect, gives you a price and you do that with other engineers too? Boiler still faulty, two or more guys now wasted time, not earned a dime but increased you knowledge of what is wrong with your boiler. I just admire penny pinchers like you. Am sure there are a few guys on this forum, myself included, who would have given you flea in your ear for wasting time and resources on a task that is essentially an annual service which seems not to have been carried out.

Paul, do I understand correctly that the engineer comes out, opens the boiler, diagnoses the defect, gives you a price and you do that with other engineers too? Boiler still faulty, two or more guys now wasted time, not earned a dime but increased you knowledge of what is wrong with your boiler. I just admire penny pinchers like you. Am sure there are a few guys on this forum, myself included, who would have given you flea in your ear for wasting time and resources on a task that is essentially an annual service which seems not to have been carried out.

Ha ha! That's about right. But without getting a couple of quotes for a job how do I know the going rate? It's not so much that I am tight but rather I din't want to be ripped off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back