Losing pressure and now no hot water - Baxo Combi 105HE

get someone recommended through friends and family and get rgi who repairs boilers not someone who installs heating systems . honestly its not going to cost much . what would you rather have working boiler or a very little bit of cash in your pocket its your choice.

Both guys reckoned they couldn't do the repair then anyhow as they didn't have the part. Guy came today and says it's the diverter that needs replacing. Would that seem right or could it just be the diaphragm?
3 blokes time you've wasted.

Sponsored Links
get someone recommended through friends and family and get rgi who repairs boilers not someone who installs heating systems . honestly its not going to cost much . what would you rather have working boiler or a very little bit of cash in your pocket its your choice.

Both guys reckoned they couldn't do the repair then anyhow as they didn't have the part. Guy came today and says it's the diverter that needs replacing. Would that seem right or could it just be the diaphragm?

What a funny little man you are. How are you offended that plumbers who agreed to come and price a job, did exactly that?

How about making a payment first and then answer will be given. Do you expect guys who do repairs for a living, to tell you what is wrong with your boiler when you are happy to rip off engineers who came visiting?

How about making a payment first and then answer will be given. Do you expect guys who do repairs for a living, to tell you what is wrong with your boiler when you are happy to rip off engineers who came visiting?

Confusing post. Firstly, who should I be paying? People who were happy to come out to give a no obligation quote, or are you looking for a hand out? Also, who exactly have I ripped off? If guys who do this for a living don't want to respond because they can't understand the concept of a no obligation quote, maybe they should stop trolling and get back to work. lol

Sponsored Links
How about making a payment of £100 to Dogs for the Blind, Will then suggest what is wrong with the boiler

I am amazed!

You accuse boiler engineers of being likely to rip you off.

Then you just go and rip three engineers off.

That is why I always charge to visit and diagnose the fault for a fixed fee.

I will give a budgetary telephone quotation if told the model and symptoms

Tony

Last edited:
I am amazed!

You accuse boiler engineers of being likely to rip you off.

Then you just go and rip three enginees off.

That is why I always charge to visit and diagnose the fault for a fixed fee.

I will give a budgetary telephone quotation if told the model and symptoms

Tony
Fascinating story, Tony but I believe I haven't accused anyone of ripping me off. Rather a forum member mentioned that the microswitch must be working if triggered manually and therefore the engineer was telling porkies.

I'm still rather bemused by the insistence that I ripped someone off. If someone agrees to do a free quote, who's losing here?

Any engineer who stupidly visits to give a free diagnosis and a quotation price to do the job is going on the expectation that he will be given the job if the price is reasonable.

Do you really believe that any of them would have gone if you had been honest at the outset and told them you were also calling two others?

I don't know what you think you are doing, but does it not bother you at all that you have wasted people's time and petrol?

Diaphragm on these very common to go but have never heard of the micro-Switch faulting doesnt mean it couldnt though but a very easy test to find out

I carry the diaphragm for these but find that half of these faults are caused by the microswitch.

Fascinating story, Tony but I believe I haven't accused anyone of ripping me off. Rather a forum member mentioned that the microswitch must be working if triggered manually and therefore the engineer was telling porkies.

You said:-

Ha ha! That's about right. But without getting a couple of quotes for a job how do I know the going rate? It's not so much that I am tight but rather I didn't want to be ripped off.

To me that shows an expectation that you are going to be ripped off.

Why did you not just tell them the symptoms and ask for a budgetary price on the telephone?

Tony

The basic fault of no hot water requiring a repair to the diverter valve is a fault for which I charge £106.

Adding what I expect is leaking in this case is another £27.

I carry both parts with me as my charges are fixed even if I have to return with a part. So its in my own interest to have common parts available. I keep many in stock so that I can do repairs quickly at weekends or holiday times.

Tony

Last edited:

What a funny little man you are. How are you offended that plumbers who agreed to come and price a job, did exactly that?
What an un-funny big man you are.
You expect professional people to visit your home FOC. Use their tools and knowledge FOC. I bet you didn't even offer them a cup of tea. Scum in my opinion.
I know how to swerve people like you through experience.
Get yourself a boiler cover scheme and sleep tight knowing you will never be ripped off again.
GFYS.
Oh I hope your next boiler fault is e168

Last edited:

You said:-

Ha ha! That's about right. But without getting a couple of quotes for a job how do I know the going rate? It's not so much that I am tight but rather I didn't want to be ripped off.

To me that shows an expectation that you are going to be ripped off.

Why did you not just tell them the symptoms and ask for a budgetary price on the telephone?

Tony

Yes, but you said I was ripping them off which is nonsense. Also, symptoms were explained on the phone but THEY said they needed to come and look. Happy now?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back