Losing pressure and now no hot water - Baxo Combi 105HE

I expect he has fixed it himself now.

After ripping off three engineers for a free diagnosis!

There are a few very clever engineers who are able to sus out when somebody is just after a free diagnosis. They then tell him the fault is something else!

I have the same thoughts about the E168 !

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

There are a few very clever engineers who are able to sus out when somebody is just after a free diagnosis. They then tell him the fault is something else!

I always tell people my first hour charge is payable Tony. Only on repair calls. I used to run around for nothing in the past. If you need a tool you are working and it's chargeable.
I charge £55 + vat for the first hour. How some bastards can call you a rip off for charging that amazes me.
I never expect anything for nothing honestly. If someone says it's free I tip them generously.
Little old ladies however sometimes only get charged a cup of tea. My soft spot.
People like the OP really ruffle my feathers and he called me little!
He wouldn't want my dangly bit up his bum!
Or maybe he would.

I always tell people my first hour charge is payable Tony. Only on repair calls. I used to run around for nothing in the past. If you need a tool you are working and it's chargeable.
I charge £55 + vat for the first hour. How some bastards can call you a rip off for charging that amazes me.
I never expect anything for nothing honestly. If someone says it's free I tip them generously.
Little old ladies however sometimes only get charged a cup of tea. My soft spot.
Or maybe he would.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Diaphragm on these very common to go but have never heard of the micro-Switch faulting doesnt mean it couldnt though but a very easy test to find out

I carry the diaphragm for these but find that half of these faults are caused by the microswitch.
Well Tony Maestro as the op said, one engineer manually made the micro switch with his finger and the boiler fired so please enlighten us all with why it was sensing the engineers DNA and moisture of his finger rather than the diaphragm operating it or some other *******s that you usually come out with

Sponsored Links

Or maybe he would.

Thanks for the offer of sodomy, Jeff but the reason I visited the forum was to avoid getting f***ed over by plumbers so I will have to decline.

Plumber sorted my issue today btw and it was the simple matter of the diaphragm. So not the microswitch or diverter - the optional extras the previous guys tried to flog me.

Thanks for the few useful comments I got; the other contributors perhaps need to realize that the name of this site is DIYnot, and therefore need to get a little less menstrual when they think people are going to do the job that a hard working engineers could do. Not that I was going to do the job myself and steal bread from someone's hand as I did pay hard cash in the end.

Or maybe he would.

Thanks for the offer of sodomy, Jeff but the reason I visited the forum was to avoid getting f***ed over by plumbers so I will have to decline.

Plumber sorted my issue today btw and it was the simple matter of the diaphragm. So not the microswitch or diverter - the optional extras the previous guys tried to flog me.

Thanks for the few useful comments I got; the other contributors perhaps need to realize that the name of this site is DIYnot, and therefore need to get a little less menstrual when they think people are going to do the job that a hard working engineers could do. Not that I was going to do the job myself and steal bread from someone's hand as I did pay hard cash in the end.
Thanks for the update my old mate. We are glad you got it sorted. Don't take stuff too seriously.
Always happy to help. Shame you declined my offer but if you ever want to, I'll be in that layby on the A556 most days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back