Losing pressure and now no hot water - Baxo Combi 105HE

Paul, do I understand correctly that the engineer comes out, opens the boiler, diagnoses the defect, gives you a price and you do that with other engineers too? Boiler still faulty, two or more guys now wasted time, not earned a dime but increased you knowledge of what is wrong with your boiler. I just admire penny pinchers like you. Am sure there are a few guys on this forum, myself included, who would have given you flea in your ear for wasting time and resources on a task that is essentially an annual service which seems not to have been carried out.

Ha ha! That's about right. But without getting a couple of quotes for a job how do I know the going rate? It's not so much that I am tight but rather I din't want to be ripped off.

But it is ok to take advantage of hardworking grafters and ripping them off. Charming fella
It is not as if you are building a castle.

Sponsored Links
Paul, do I understand correctly that the engineer comes out, opens the boiler, diagnoses the defect, gives you a price and you do that with other engineers too? Boiler still faulty, two or more guys now wasted time, not earned a dime but increased you knowledge of what is wrong with your boiler. I just admire penny pinchers like you. Am sure there are a few guys on this forum, myself included, who would have given you flea in your ear for wasting time and resources on a task that is essentially an annual service which seems not to have been carried out.

Ha ha! That's about right. But without getting a couple of quotes for a job how do I know the going rate? It's not so much that I am tight but rather I din't want to be ripped off.

But it is ok to take advantage of hardworking grafters and ripping them off. Charming fella
It is not as if you are building a castle.

Ripping them off? You do talk some rubbish. The one guy who came round was asked to come and give me a quote, which he did. Funny how he didn't have an issue but you did. It's standard practice with every other job to get quotes, why should plumbing be any different?

what price did he give you ???, we can tell you if fair price . dam , hate customers like that . was it that much to have to get several quotes ?

Sponsored Links
what price did he give you ???, we can tell you if fair price . dam , hate customers like that . was it that much to have to get several quotes ?

As I had no idea what was wrong with it, I had no idea how much I'd cost. He said he'd have to price it and get back to me which he didn't so presume it was not worth his while.

did you explain to him where the water was coming from before he came and boiler type ?

why did he come in first place if he wasn't interested in the job ,???

honestly mate your very cynical about rgi we all don't rip people off . i think you may have frightened him off with your cynicism and didn't want to work for you . unless your not giving full details . something doesn't sound right if you forgive my cynicism

honestly mate your very cynical about rgi we all don't rip people off . i think you may have frightened him off with your cynicism and didn't want to work for you . unless your not giving full details . something doesn't sound right if you forgive my cynicism

Lol, well if you read on the first page, he said the micro switch had gone which was bs. And why do you think he hasn't called back with the price he promised me? Not cynicism, realism I'd say. Anyway, that's by the by. If you had to price the job, what would you be looking at? Cheers

get someone recommended through friends and family and get rgi who repairs boilers not someone who installs heating systems . honestly its not going to cost much . what would you rather have working boiler or a very little bit of cash in your pocket its your choice.

get someone recommended through friends and family and get rgi who repairs boilers not someone who installs heating systems . honestly its not going to cost much . what would you rather have working boiler or a very little bit of cash in your pocket its your choice.

Both guys reckoned they couldn't do the repair then anyhow as they didn't have the part. Guy came today and says it's the diverter that needs replacing. Would that seem right or could it just be the diaphragm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back