Lost power to flat, no switches have gone?

Keep any receipts from takeaway food and any out of pocket expenses. Bill them for time off work.
Hopefully the spark today will resolve this today.

Thanks, I’d already asked if they would cover us for food and they said they have no responsibility for that, they even refused to house us in a hotel overnight because they argued it wasn’t their responsibility.

This agency is bad though, it took 2 days to get anyone out after a week of living here because water was dripping from my bedroom and hallway light fittings, and a month for anyone to realise the upstairs (walled) balcony had become a swimming pool, which caused extensive damage to all the downstairs apartments!

Sponsored Links
Had a phone call from FIL about half an hour ago to say they were going to 'reconcile' the outstanding amount and would confirm this within 10 days!

Maybe I should have posted about this 6 months ago! LOL

it took....a month for anyone to realise the upstairs (walled) balcony had become a swimming pool, which caused extensive damage to all the downstairs apartments!
That's dreadful.
The landlords won't like that, because the agent is supposed to protect their investment.

Sponsored Links
This does all seem rather odd.

Usually, IF the letting agent is managing the day to day running of a flat, then when the tenant reports a problem they will just arrange for a tradesman to inspect, if only to pass the buck. The agent does not even go and have a look at the problem as they are not competent to actually do anything themselves, nor want the responsibility. After all it does not cost the agent anything as all charges are just deducted from the landlord's payment.

@Taylortwocities Yes fixed yesterday afternoon!

@EFLImpudence the company has been very difficult to live with, they repeatedly lie and pass on the blame and they never want to have anything to do with anything. I'll be moving out asap

One of our lasses reports the agent they rent through is equally useless. From conversations they've had with others, it's clear that they lie - landlords haven't actually been told about problems when the agent says they have, and stuff like that. And it's why I would not consider letting an agent manage either of my properties - though even when I've used them for "let only" I've had arguments with them when they've then gone on to communicate with tenants when they should have nothing to do with things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back