Loud Click From Fridge/Freezer (Perhaps)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the last year or so, maybe once a day - at random - I've heard a loud click coming from my kitchen. It sounds like a switch flicking (FWIW).

I can only think that it's coming from one of my appliances:
* Dishwasher
* Washing machine
* Gas hob
* Electric oven
* Fridge/Freezer

Using the wall switches I was able to turn off the dishwasher, the washing machine, the gas hob and the electric oven - but the click kept happening, so I'm thinking now that it's probably my fridge freezer that is making the noise. It's a Neff KG525K9625, 23 years old, so it's had a pretty good run to be fair.

Does anyone know what it might be? It's very odd.

I suppose I could turn my fridge off for a day (say) - and my freezer off for another day (they have separate power supplies), and see what happens - but I'm obviously worried about food spoiling. Is there any other way to track down a noise like this?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Fridge and freezer can safely be turned off for an hour or so . Keep doors shut.
Do you have flaps on kitchen extract ( can open or close with a snap in winds).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back