Lounge/diner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a thru lounge at the moment, but have no kids. Is it worth putting up dividing doors so there is an option of two rooms? These would be hung or installed by means of a pocket system. I know its personal taste but just wondered what all your views are.

Sponsored Links
A small area is nice & cosey, easier to keep warm.
My through lounge/dinner I put large bi-fold doors

I think to have the option of being able to close a certain space off is very attractive. Whether you choose to or not is irrelevant so long as the doors are not intrusive whilst they are open.

Sponsored Links
If I had 500m2 of floor space, then I would not like to live mainly in 20m2 partitioned off in the corner

Having said that, I would only have to keep 20m2 clean and tidy and could shut the rest off from view

Decisions, decisions :confused:

In that case possibly two doors that go into the wall (a pocket system), not cheap but quite a good idea.

Also should the doors be partially glazed or solid wood in general?

Ha, yes luckily I have none yet! I'll probably go for solid panels at bottom and leaded at top with diamond beveled glass
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back