Lounge, Dining Room, Stairs and Landing and entrance Upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok Im getting stuck into the DIY big style now, I have ripped out all the hideous ****e that we bought with the house now and now am not too embarrased to show the house in its gutted state.

I am embarking on the biggest DIY project I have ever done, and although to some it may be normal day in the office stuff to me it is every day a school day.

I started by stripping all the wallpaper from the lounge and dining room. I started on the stairs but im fed up with stripping for now so when I need to I will continue with that later. Plus its a pain in the arse to clean up from carpet so will do that when I am in a position to remove the carpet the wall aper up there will be gone.

So heres the first pic.
View media item 38550
Now although there is a dining table there this is the lounge.
View media item 38548
Ive filled the holes found under the wall paper and sanded down, and then gon over the bits i missed but sill to be sanded. I have also Installed a couple of extra sockets where the TV equipment will be going and put one at high level which will be behind the TV once its on the wall. I have also made some routes through the cavity with copex for the TV wires link up to the tele.

All the skirting is removed and carpets and all removed, leaving some extremely nice black vinyl tiles....

Ive also removed part of a stud wall which i only have a bit left to remove but its to stop te kids falling of the edge of the stairs...

wall partly gone
View media item 38546
Had to get the professionals in at this point (polish midget apparently)
View media item 38545
wall gone
View media item 38547
Next thing now is to loose a concrete block wall from the side of the stairs exposing bothe sides of the bottom part so that I can fit a bannister to make a bit more light in the room.
View media item 38549As you can see the stud wall left in place to keep the kids a bit safer.

Hopefully will have some more pics to add as I get on

I will be having the back boiler fire removed in november and a condensing boiler fitted in a lean to brich shed at the side of the house, and I will also be fitting a pvc french door where the dining room window is.

Rob

Sponsored Links
Well a bit more progress, I am nearing the point where destruction turns into construction :)

All internal walls are now gone.

View media item 39240
and walls at bottom of the stairs all gone. And all the dust that created is hoover up :rolleyes:

View media item 39236
View media item 39237
I had a go at plastering with some one coat... I think I done it wrong as it was as rough as a badgers arse. But I sanded it down and filled all the gash bits with easi fill (I think I an advocat for Easi Fill now)

View media item 39245
This bit looks interesting...... The plumber has put me back a week now as he is too busy... Maybe thats a good thing as the cowboys are normally knocking your door down to get started.... It was in the gap here I found a newspaper 15 august 1975 :eek:

View media item 39244
And this tangle of pipes needs sorting out too.

View media item 39243
These are the wall which I have spent a fair bit of time filling and sanding and painting. To see if I could get them up to the standard I want without having to lining paper. Not to bad IMHO.

View media item 39242
Well Mrs Fixit and the umpa lumpas have been helping !? strip wall paper in the landing. So all the filler you can see is filling all the gouges they made with their scrapers.....

View media item 39246
Thats it so far.........[/img]

Wow, that's some project you're undertaking. Looking forward to seeing your progress. I'm more into the dressing the room part of a project, so can't wait for that bit. Best of luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back