Low energy bulbs <0.5W

Sponsored Links
Boringoldcodger: Thanks for the kind offer, what an interesting device! It sounds like a great idea but a lot of hassle just for 0.2W difference. My kids would have endless fun fiddling with it to try to get it light and dim, they spend long enough playing with the normal lights :). That would also be useful for the bathroom itself, but I've got one of those 2D fittings in there, so can't easily change that.
Mark/Bob: Unfortunately there is no socket in the corridor.

Not sure why I didn't think of this before

http://gro.co.uk/grolight

Very similar to Boringoldcodger's suggestion, but you don't have to put another lamp in it if you don't want. IMO at it's brightest it JUST lights up the room to the point where your eyes aren't straining. Has a little scroll wheel to adjust the brightness, but the brightest setting wouldn't keep anyone awake I don't think - I slept with it on full for about 6 months so certainly didn't bother me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back