LED GU10 Choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have 8 of these in my lounge:

Aigostar GU10 LED Bulbs Warm White, GU10 8W 160° Wide Angle, LED Spotlight Bulbs 560lm, GU10 Energy Saving Light Bulb 3000K, 5 Pack https://amzn.eu/d/dkVeoaC

Seen these, but the lumen value looks way off.
Does that look right?

Trying to balance lowest wattage with decent output. I like a bright room as my eyesight is not what it was.

Sponsored Links
It starts around 60 lumen per watt and goes up to around 120 lumen per watt but only seen it that high with DC versions, so at 100 lumen per watt that seems good.

Mine are around 5 watt at around 75 lumen per watt, but what they are aimed at makes such a diffrence. I saw this with bed head lights aimed at bed as reading light not very bright, turn so aimed at ceiling and they lit whole room.

Use of smart bulbs has resulted in a glut of non smart, so I don't think I will need to buy a bulb for years. Reason for smart bulbs in main is voice control, but also like you I need more light due to age, so ability to have lights dim for normal use but bright when I need to read helps.

The biggest problem with non smart bulbs is giving my daughter a headake. They must flash at 100 Hz where smart bulbs turn into DC so kHz range, but nothing on packets to say which bulbs use what method of current control, seems suck it and see method is used.

I have just put up some (light sensor on/off) LED lamps outside our house. They are each 9.5 watt and claim 800 lumens, so I'm assuming about 80 lumens per watt. They are completely bright enough for security and seeing where you're going at night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back