LOW HEAD

5TIMES

Hello

i've got a boiler to install next week the F&E tank is fitted on the loft floor,
The customer wants the boiler fitting as high as possible, Iam thinking of fitting a combined coldfeed & vent.

so the flow and return come out the top of the boiler across 6 inchs then drop under bedroom floor fit an auto vent on the top of the flow T the coldfeed & openvent into the flow 1 meter below tank in the loft.

The tank can't be raised up & can't seal the system.

I can't T straight off the top of the boiler as per manufactures instructions

any input lads?

Sponsored Links
why cant you seal the system? i thought you worked for warmsure, dont they tell you what to do?

Sorry its my own work.

pipes in concrete floors f**k that off!

I hate having to have to t the c/f o/v in below the heat ex you see but needs must, ill just have to fit an auto air vent on the boiler, I also hate auto airvents on openvented systems

Sponsored Links
You can seal the system , should not be a problem !! use a plate exchanger !!

If memory serves you can't close couple the Icos. There is a low head illustration but I'm fairly sure in the MI is states open vent to rise throughout it's length to the F&E.

you can use a combined feed an vent, also It can be T eed in below the highest point in the system, ok its not ideal! but they allow it..

no space in loft to raise tank.

I hope you have got your own Gas Number and insurance!

Its difficult to imagine a loft where the F&E cannot be moved sideways and raised up.

I always expect at least 1000mm of head above the top of the boiler.

Tony

Minimum Head for an ideal icos 450mm, got that. I think it will still pump over so that is why iam following the "Low head" Instructions..

of course tony I do ;)

So do i but i'am trying to make the best of what iv got to work with

I'am notgoing to seal it, so iv got to just fit an auto air vent an T the vent & feed in below the heat ex

how would you do it?

;)

If the auto airvent is on the negative side of pump , it will , might or could ?? suck air in , did a low head boiler recently below the 1 metre head manus recommendation used a coldfeed only , in 28mm !

that was my thought 28mm T, I hate the idea of auto air vents, because you are not going to know if its sucking in air etc until its to late an the rads go pop due to hydrogen!!

I would be fitting the auto air vent before the cold feed Ts in so it will still be on the positive side..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back