Low inlet gas pressure - Worcester Greenstar 42CDI bolier

Bambergaspipe said:
croydoncorgi said:
All you've done most recently is illustrate how little you 'care' about.

I don`t care about you droning on about service pipes/ how they are laid blah -de-blah.

Maybe it would be easier to explain to your customers why a pressure problem lay with National Grid and not with your work, if you actually KNEW what the probable cause was?

I don`t usually have pressure problems, if I do & it`s down to the gas provider I`ll probably let them explain.

And customers (believe it or not)

Yep, I don`t believe you have customers

are not all so ignorant / unintelligent that they will accept everything you tell them as the complete truth, without any evidence or explanation.

Mostly they ask ``Do I have Hot water/Heating. Mostly I say ``Yes``.

Apart from my comments so far, I've nothing further to add, so please go and troll somewhere else.

You never had anything to add in the first place. After your first snipe it all rather went downhill didn`t it?

You are a man of straw CroydonCorgi.
& a man with no spine. Next.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Why don't you go back to your cave with your buddies. ?

Loser. :rolleyes:

Bigtroll.jpg

Sponsored Links
You seem desperate for attention Balenza, are you quick witted & humorous enough to take on the Mighty Bamber :?:

The Gauntlet is down. Big enough to pick it up?

I didn`t think so... ;)

Bambergaspipe said:
You seem desperate for attention Balenza, are you quick witted & humorous enough to take on the Mighty Bamber :?:

The Gauntlet is down. Big enough to pick it up?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I dont see what all this discussion is required for.

There are only two possibilities:-

Supply pipe blocked

OR

Supply undersized

I dont know which but I expect its the latter but it could be either.

There is no approved method for the installer to test the flow rate that the supply can give and this is not the first case I have heard of with an undersized gas supply pipe into a property.

The pressure in the street main must be OK because the standing is apparently 30 mB we are told. In any case if there were flow problems the street pressure would vary according to load and would be fine at non peak times when no CH or DHW is being used. I therefore discount this an most unlikely.

The problem now is how to get Transco to do anything about it. If they have a record of the visit you need to see what that has been recorded as and then make a formal written complaint to them about the inadequate supply pressure on load.

Tony

I agree with the last post, Someone with some common sense, chrisey

Sometimes if you are on the end of the distribution pipework the street pressure can be very low (14 mbar) and it is true to say there is nothing that can be done until the network is upgraded.
Not quite true, they can turn the pressure up.
Had a low one in Balham, and they turned it up somewhere in Mitcham, several miles away.

They've been adding a bit to the ACS recently, to emphasize that Meter working pressure can be 19mbar, and at full flow (say 60kW) the meter+governor can drop a further 4mbar.
Add your 1mbar pipe drop, and you get 14mbar as "acceptable" at the boiler.

At 42kW you shouldn't get a 4mbar drop.

Assuming the OP hasn't had 2 faulty governors, then yes, restriction in the supply pipe. Bet it's water. Some supply pipes have to be blown out every year until they're replaced.

By the way, one thing you can do if the "acceptable" drop is too much to live with, is get a U16 meter installed!

Thery won't turn the pressure up if they know the cast irons in a poor state. They take the view its safer to have a customers w.p lower than to risk a fractured street main.

Apart from that they would be inundated by the public smelling gas in the street.

Spent many many hours on the phone to district managers getting knowhere fast. :( Like everything else the countries knackered.

Chris, thought the ACS figure is actually lower than that. Transco by law only have to supply 16mbar at outlet of ECV, 4mbar absorbsion across meter and 1mbar drops gives 11mbar as the minimum at appliance.

Until anyone can supply a copy of any "Law" that says that then I will be happy to accept 19 mB at the meter outlet. Laws are only made by Government !

Just to make things worse CORGI ( who dont make laws ) take the view that less than 18 mB is classed as At Risk.

Tony

the word law might have been a bit strong but their the figures in Transco's books. The ascessor i,ve just had teachs the Transco lads and this came up in a discussion in class so out popped the books to prove it.

What corgi class as at risk and transco class as safe are completely different things.

lcgs I'm quoting my recent ACS , and have read that others have been given the same figures.

The Balham pressure was 14mbar standing.
2 days after I complained it was 23.
I'm obviously very important :D
It had been low since anyone could remember, when the boilers came on the hob flames went down...

More leaks, maybe, but " risk a fractured street main" I doubt ;)

Think the figures that we were given (not for ACS) but during the discussion came out of GS(M) R

Just read them and dont think that it was :oops: , i will find out though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back