low pressure - help!!

msk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have just moved to a new flat and only found out when I moved in that the shower water pressure is terrible.

The bath and taps seem to be fine not the greatest but no where near terrible but the shower seem to be useless. the shower hose is connect directly to the baths taps it has one of those switch things, anyways been reading about these shower heads for low pressure shower. cant seem to find any can somebody point me in the right direction and tell me which shower hose to use, im renting so cant install pumps and stuff.

any help will be great cant take anymore baths.

thanks msk

Sponsored Links
First guess, without knowing anything about your system, is that you have an vented system. They can work ok for taps, but showers can be poor.
You will need to give us more details about your system to answer the question more accurately.

Ill have a look and see what i have tonight and explain a bit better

We had one of these in our old house which I fitted, the result was as you say poor pressure from the showerhead.
In my case I experimented by swaping the showerhead for a different one and it did improve the performance.

Some showerheads seem to have larger water ways.
In you're case it may not mean that an expensive one will solve the problem just a different one.

Obviously the main problem is reduced head the higher the outlet.

Sponsored Links
Scale......blocks jets and reduces flow.....strip off the head and clean it in descaling fluid (lemon juice will do)

as ben said, in a flat thats rented, will probably be a 20yr old vented system. Your shower head is probably got about 10cm of head :D not helpful

can anybody recommend a good shower head? i have one of those poundland ones maybe that is the only prob

can anybody recommend a good shower head? i have one of those poundland ones maybe that is the only prob

if you have a vented system no shower head is gonna help.
Simple test. Turn shower on. Put it low into the bath then lift it up high. Does the flow change? if so how much ?

ok did ur test , and it doesnt change at all the flow stays the same whether I pt the shower head above or below the tap

The cheapest 'solution' is to buy a drill bit about twice the diameter of the holes in your Poundstretcher shower head and drill them out. Won't make the pressure any higher but will increase the flow fourfold.

ok, I had a look in the roof this weekend and it is a vented system :( so does that mean im stuck with a terrible shower or is there a cheap or easy fix, help will be great

thanks

No cheap easy fix I'm afraid. You could have a pump installed, but that is certainly not cheap.

if I install a power shower could that improve it or not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back