Low voltage lighting connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just received some low voltage lighting which I am putting under some shelves in the front room.

The transformer has an in and out wire, is it okay to connect the lights (3 No.) to the transformer output using normal connector block or do I need a special connection piece.

Thanks

Antony

Sponsored Links
is the tranny correctly rated for all the lights? What sort of set is this? Are you wiring them from scratch? or are the lamp plugs pre-wired?

If you're wiring them from scratch, a choc block inside a choc box with cord grips are an ideal solution.

The lights are triangular Aurora lights rated at 20w and the transformer is 60w so no problem.

The lights have 2m wires however the plugs on the end have not been fitted. The transfromer does not have any sockets only two black wires hence my connection question.

I will get hold of a connector strip and some cable grips.

Thanks for the help.

Antony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back