Low voltage lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When wiring low voltage lighting,is there anything in the regs that say you cannot use cable flex for the permanent wiring of these fittings ?[/b]

Sponsored Links
Taylortwocities said:
Fixed wiring is fixed wiring and should be carried out in T&E.
End of.

I think you may want to look that one up.

Taylortwocities said:
Fixed wiring is fixed wiring and should be carried out in T&E.
End of.

Flexible cables may freely be used as fixed wiring subject to a regulation I cannot recall.

Not quite sure what you mean by "Fixed wiring is fixed wiring"?

Sponsored Links
Isn't T+E easier to work with? Easier to terminate in my opinion. Dont know why someone would choose flex over T+E, given the choice.

Though there's something very satisfying about chunky white flex in a bundle, say, for lights in a suspended ceiling or components of a walk-in fridge. Or is it just me? :rolleyes:

in my experiance T&E is easier to strip but flex is easier to connect in tight spaces. Flex is also easy to solder whereas T&E will require some care (which is imporant if what your joining to has solder terminals).

if fixed wiring is fixed, how do you connect to an imersion heater?

They make special LV cable for the secondary side of SELV, that's not bad stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back