low voltage transformer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got six low voltage lights running off one transformer in my kitchen, unfortunately one of the lights is not working.

I have got an electrical feed to the light (only tested with mains tester) and have also changed the bulb so i know its not that.

Is it possible that the transformer could develop a fault whereby it does not give adequate feed to the one light.

Access to the transformer is not easy as i need to take up carpets and tongue & grooved floorboards in bedroom, therefore looking at easy options if possible.

Sponsored Links
Is it possible that the transformer could develop a fault whereby it does not give adequate feed to the one light.

I have 6 oranges, and 2 mates, thats 2 oranges each, no matter how i do it its still 2.

its either the lamp holder or broken / loose wire.

you need a multi meter to find out for sure.

you would not bang a nail in with a lump of butter would you? so how do you expect to check lecy stuff with out a multi meter?

Does the xfrmr have separate outputs, one for each light?

Some have a protection fuse for each output. In this case its easy to blow an individual fuse if you put (eg) a 50W lamp in if the fuse is only good for a 20W lamp.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back