Low water level in Toilet bowl.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Damn - my monitor isn't good and now I put my glasses on:unsure:

may take a few attempts .
Hi Terry,
Did this just now and the upstairs gurgled each time I emptied the bucket with the flush.
After the first attempt, the water level has gone even lower on toilet bowl after the gurling sound. Did this for the 3rd time and water level at the bowl has gone lower.

took a closer look at pics of your manhole and it may be blocked, there is a white substance to the right of the pipe coming on from left. I know it's awkward to lift cover but unless you want to call in a pro you need to check it out

When I used the garden hose to clean up some soil debris in the manhole, the water seemed to clear away. I remembered when I was inspecting the manhole yesterday and asked my daughter to flush as a test, hardly any water came through the pipe. Can I use a large plunger in the upstairs loo?

downstairs loo first .do you have an old style mop ,the hairy looking type with wooden handle ? worked for me quite a few times .but you must check the manhole where I think it may be blocked.

was wondering how you were getting on. if the m/hole is blocked where I think it is plunging won't do .when you put hose in and seen water running away ,that is the downstream flow. the bit that looks blocked is the inlet to the manhole. have a close look at the pic you posted it's at the top of pic ,big white blob to the right of the left inlet pipe.

was wondering how you were getting on. if the m/hole is blocked where I think it is plunging won't do .when you put hose in and seen water running away ,that is the downstream flow. the bit that looks blocked is the inlet to the manhole. have a close look at the pic you posted it's at the top of pic ,big white blob to the right of the left inlet pipe.
Terry,
you mean the small round white blob to the left of drain flow and near the wall?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back