LPG Bottles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to install a real effect gas fire in my current open fire place. The issue is I do not have a gas supply to the fire place and it would be too disruptive/expensive to do this. I do however have a large storage area behind the chimney, but still inside the house. My idea would be to store an LPG cylinder in this space and connect the fire to that (with appropriate conversion kit). My question is, am I allowed to store an LPG cylinder in doors and secondly would I need a "qualified" engineer to install the fire/cylinder if it is allowed?

Thanks
Steve

moved from building

Sponsored Links
(10) No person shall store or keep gas consisting wholly or mainly of methane on domestic premises, and, for the purpose of this paragraph, such gas from time to time present in pipes or in the fuel tank of any vehicle propelled by gas shall be deemed not to be so stored or kept.

insallation and use regs so in a word no you cant
you would need an engineer but he wouldnt connect the fire up

Sponsored Links
There are a couple of regs re the siting of bottles outside such as distance from boiler flues, ventilation openings in building, distance from drains as the gas is heavier than air, should be on a firm base, etc.

Did a kitchen in an old oast barn where bottled gas was used for the aga burners and had several pages relating to the position of bottles, Corgi man fitted regulators, hoses and change-over valve, then 15mm copper to bayonet. Aga supplier connected from there.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back