LPG gas cooker, wholly non-electric?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, where can I get hold of a gas cooker (including hob, grill, and oven) that is wholly non-electric and uses LPG? Nowadays, all the ones I've found have required an electricity supply, at least for the oven.

And if I get one, will it be legal for a Gas-Safe registered plumber to install it?

Thanks!

D

Sponsored Links
Have a look on-line mate, still a few models available.
You need a RGI with a LPG ticket, good luck getting one of them in London. I could fly one of our chaps down £380/hour + expenses?

Have a look on-line mate, still a few models available.
You need a RGI with a LPG ticket, good luck getting one of them in London. I could fly one of our chaps down £380/hour + expenses?
I've spent 8 hours looking online already without success - including at chandlers' and caravan equipment sites. If you know what models are electricity-free (for everything, i.e. rings, grill, oven), 60cm x 60cm, free-standing, I'd be very grateful if you could tell me! Even just the manufacturers' names would be much appreciated.
D

been looking myself recently for the same thing, for our beach hut.
Found a couple on ebay, I think they were flavels.
Still a few models of nat gas ones around that use only a battery for ignition.Look at one of these and buy a conversion kit for lpg.

Graham

Sponsored Links
been looking myself recently for the same thing, for our beach hut.
Found a couple on ebay, I think they were flavels.
Still a few models of nat gas ones around that use only a battery for ignition.Look at one of these and buy a conversion kit for lpg.
Thanks - I'll have a look for Flavels. Am waiting to hear back from Bompani's UK distributor too. When you say battery, do you mean 12V? I've been advised that using eight AAs wouldn't provide enough current. We need something that doesn't require either mains or 12V. (The way gas cookers used to be! :) )
D

Use a 12VDC Battery & a 12VDC/230VAC invertor, a bit overkill I know but a cheap way to get around the ignition problem.

Use a 12VDC Battery & a 12VDC/230VAC invertor, a bit overkill I know but a cheap way to get around the ignition problem.
I was hoping not to end up having to do that. I contacted one supplier and asked whether I could use a battery pack with 8 AA batteries in series, but apparently the ignition needs the amps supplied by a car-type 12VDC battery.

SPINFLO or VANETTE. both are widely used in statics.off lpg.

example
http://www.caravan-components.co.uk...es/Spinflo-Caravan-Cookers-Ovens-Hobs[/QUOTE]
Spinflo - all non-mains ones need 12V I think. I'll check out Vanette.

In the end maybe I'll get a secondhand old one that's never known an electrical current :)

D

I was hoping not to end up having to do that. I contacted one supplier and asked whether I could use a battery pack with 8 AA batteries in series, but apparently the ignition needs the amps supplied by a car-type 12VDC battery.

SPINFLO or VANETTE. both are widely used in statics.off lpg.

example
http://www.caravan-components.co.uk...es/Spinflo-Caravan-Cookers-Ovens-Hobs[/QUOTE]
Spinflo - all non-mains ones need 12V I think. I'll check out Vanette.

In the end maybe I'll get a secondhand old one that's never known an electrical current :)

D

As a RGI with LPG gas tickets, I'd not recommend any second hand gas appliances & certainly not LPG!!!

12VDC high amp batteries are not too expensive??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back